Friday, September 11, 2009

Feeling Like Bruce

I’ve been here for just over one month now and all I can think about for the past week is how much I just want some cake. Well, my thoughts go back and forth between the lack of internet and baked goods/sugar. In the morning it starts out as fruit and yoghurt cravings (last night I dreamed about apples), but usually by early afternoon by thoughts are entirely consumed with visions of chocolate cake, cinnamon buns, sugar cookies, Nestle products and tubs of Betty Crocker frosting. I’ve heard rumors that when you abstain from sugar long enough the cravings go away eventually. However, I don’t believe them, this just gets worse every day.

I guess I can take comfort in the fact that we fly back to Canada via Frankfurt and I know where the airport bakery is. That way I can start my eating en route to Canada, easing my way into what will be a full on binge during the 2009 Christmas baking season.

No comments: