Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What’s Next?

Agriculture is not my thing. I don’t think I really needed to come to Africa to learn that. But what I did need to come to Africa for was to give back the little that I could give to people.

Each year on the Vinyl Cafe, they award an “Arthur” to a small handful of people who have done seemingly insignificant, regular, yet extraordinary acts of kindness in their life. One of the 2009 Recipients, Carmel Moody from Vancouver/Camrose, said the following:

“Everybody has been given something, and if you can find what that is, and you if can find the venue to channel that and to give that back…just walk out your front door, and you’ll see somebody that might need what you have … do that, take that risk … it will be amazing what happens…”

I have a few days left in Lawra, a few more in Ghana, and then I will be back in Canada. I hope that I can recognize what it is that I have to offer my community in Canada, and that I will have the courage to do so.

No comments: